If you are reporting an automobile accident, your insurance company will need:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Information on the other vehicle: Year, make, model, color, registration number, insurance company, and, if possible, the policy number
- Name and address of the owner of the other vehicle
- Name and address of the operator of the vehicle, driver’s license number, and date of birth
- If the vehicle was towed, the location and phone number where the vehicle is located
- Names of any passengers or witnesses
- Any injuries that occurred as a result of the accident
- If your vehicle is unable to be driven due to an accident and you will be in need of rental transportation, Enterprise is open 24 hours a day and can be reached at 800-261-7331
- If you have elected rental coverage on your auto policy, your insurance company will be able to bill Enterprise or Hertz directly once the claim has been set up.
- If you have declined rental coverage, there would be no coverage for a rental under your auto policy.
- The closest branches for the Greater Newburyport area:
If you are the operator of a vehicle involved in an accident where the damage to any one vehicle or property is over $1000, or there are any injuries, you should file a Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report within 5 days of the date of the accident. Once the operator report has been completed, you can return it to our agency, and we will make sure to get a copy to all parties that need a copy.
View and print the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report.
View and print the State of New Hampshire Motor Vehicle Accident Report.
If you are reporting a claim on your homeowner or condominium policy, your insurance company will need:
- Date and time of the loss to your property
- The dimensions of the damaged area
- If there is damage to carpeting, fences, swimming pools, etc., please indicate the age of the damaged items.
If your property is damaged due to a covered peril, your homeowners insurance will pay for the reasonable costs incurred by you for the necessary measures taken solely to protect your property from further damage. If you need to make repairs, try to take pictures of the damaged area before they have been made and be sure to keep all your receipts.
If you are in need of a professional cleaning company to restore your property due to fire, smoke or soot damage, water removal, mold mitigation, vandalism, etc., here are some local companies to contact:
In the event of a theft or a crime-related loss, you should also notify your local police department as soon as possible.
If there is a crack in your windshield that needs a repair or replacement, here is a list of some local companies:
Please get in touch with us to verify the coverage of your vehicle. We can also report the glass claim to your insurance company for you.